When it comes to taking professional certification in the project management world, one of the most powerful and effective is mastering a PMP Professional Certification. It’s a very challenge concept, and one that can make your life a little more challenging than you may have once expected it to be.
However, that being said, getting the PMP and persevering with the stress and struggle of learning is going to be hugely beneficial for your overall growth and development moving forward.
Becoming the best professional you can be is always attractive, and your main pathway to success is going to come from getting your PMP. How, though, can it actually benefit you? Is all of the stress leading to success worth it?
- For one, you will stand out in the crowd if you don’t have one. While a PMP certification was like gold dust once, now it’s expected in most workplaces that you have one. Without the right certification, you might find it hard to make the impact you hoped on a job interview. Your prospects improve almost immediately once you have once.
- You can also feel a bit more confident negotiating on salary. Without the qualification you are waiting on someone to take a ‘risk’ with you and thus you usually need to acquiesce on any kind of negotiation. There is no reason why you cannot ask for a bit more on top if you arrive with the best certification in your field, though, is there?
- Your employer will benefit from having someone onboard with a professional understanding of how to best manage a project. This can make it much easier for you to make the kind of impact that you intended, vastly improving your chances of having a greater influence and authority in work.
While these key factors can really help to showcase the advantages of PMP certification, what other bonuses can one expect for putting in the effort?
- You can land yourself a position of genuine authority and it makes it much easier for you to get into a supervisory or senior staff position. Before long, you could be training and advising other staff members rather than doing all of the grunt work on your own, vastly improving your employment opportunities.
- Have a wide range of career options in front of you is a nice bonus, too. This helps you to achieve that, putting together the building blocks for a very successful professional career that can see you rising higher and higher in the professional world. It allows you to walk into more roles with a greater level of self-belief and autonomy.
- The bet advantage, though, is that you will be better at your job. Your projects will be more efficient, you’ll understand and make better use of your time in the office and your colleagues will take what you say as an authoritative and professional stance.
If you are looking to strengthen your business and professional credentials, then, the PMP examination might be worth your time going for.