A person comfortable in managing a team of developers and explain design concepts to customers called as Hadoop Developer. A Hadoop Developer is responsible for programming and coding of Hadoop applications. He must have knowledge of SQL, Core Java, and other languages. The role of Hadoop Developer is same as the Software Developer. Hadoop developer must possess architecture skills, strong design, clear and strong hands on experience. Besides the role of the Hadoop Developer in IT domain, there are other various sectors that Hadoop Developers are required. Some of the other sectors where Hadoop Developers required are Healthcare, Advertising, Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Natural Resources, Trade and Transport, Finance, Media and Entertainment, Travel, and Government.
Responsibilities of a Hadoop Developer:
A Hadoop Developer has quite many responsibilities where some of them are effective and some might not effective and all these responsibilities are dependent on your domain.
Following are the tasks responsible for a Hadoop Developer:
- Designing, installing, building, supporting and configuring Hadoop.
- Hadoop development and implementation.
- Checking to Load from dissimilar data sets.
- Proceeding use of Pig and Hive.
- Performing analysis of uncovers insights and vast data stores.
- High-speed querying.
- Maintaining data privacy and security.
- Translate complex technical and functional requirements into a simple designing function.
- Create high-performance and scalable web services for tracking of data.
- Managing and deploying HBase.
- Propose best practices and standards.
- Testing the prototypes and organize to handover to operational teams successfully.
- Being a part of a POC effort helps to build in new Hadoop clusters.
- Developing MapReduce algorithms and analytical scripts.
Skills Required for Becoming a Hadoop Developer:
The above mentioned are the job responsibilities of a Hadoop Developer, it is also essential to have the right skills to become a best Hadoop Developer. The following consists of possible skills that are required by employers from various domains.
- Knowledge in Hadoop is compulsory, Kind of Obvious.
- Familiar with data loading tools like Sqoop, Flume.
- Having complete experience in HiveQL.
- Must have Good knowledge in programming, specifically java, Node.js JS, and OOAD.
- Writing maintainable, high-performance and reliable code.
- Good knowledge of database structures, principles, theories, and practices.
- Ability to write Pig Latin scripts.
- Ability to write MapReduce jobs.
- Knowledge of workflow/schedulers likes Oozie.
- Eligible to solve Big Data domain problems.
- Ability to have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven understanding with Apache Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, and HBase.
- Good aptitude in concurrency and multi-threading concepts.